Miscellaneous links and such, mostly theological
This post strikes a good balance in responding to the controversy over a tweet Calvinist preacher John Piper posted immediately after the tornado in Oklahoma.
I enjoyed this podcast of some philosophers discussing Schleiermacher’s “On Religion.” Although they don’t seem to be very familiar with his more explicitly theological work–particularly The Christian Faith–which provides some important context in discussing his views and overall project.
I’m in the middle of this biography of John Wesley. So far my takeaway is that Wesley was in many ways an extremely admirable person, if not necessarily a very likable one. (Of course, the same could be said of many great figures in church history.)
And here’s a new trailer for the upcoming Superman movie:
|Links 18 – 6/12/13 |… on A “greatest common denom…|
|Links 18 – 6/12/13 |… on Theistic personalism vs. class…|
|whitefrozen on Theistic personalism vs. class…|
|CK MacLeod on Theistic personalism vs. class…|
|Josh on A “greatest common denom…|
- RT @pourmecoffee: Celebrating Werner Heisenberg's birthday by not really knowing anything for sure. 8 hours ago
- RT @BeschlossDC: Prohibition ended 80 years ago today: #NARA http://t.co/JQNrWImasw 10 hours ago
- So far, the argument of D.B. Hart's "Experience of God" strikes me as similar to that of William Placher's "Domestication of Transcendence." 10 hours ago
- RT @GabrielRossman: Based on how often my undergrads capitalize common nouns, I'm beginning to suspect that we actually lost WW2 10 hours ago
- Very nice. MT @ReligionProf Take On Me (Doctor Who Version): bit.ly/1cYJ1Da 12 hours ago