–Iowa’s House approved a bill to make it illegal to film the goings on in factory farms; it still has to pass the Senate.
–The great Midwestern backlash.
–What is the difference between liberals and libertarians?
–Rejecting death-centered Christianity.
–The fondness some secular liberals have for fundamentalism.
–More than half of Americans now favor legal gay marriage.
–On Catholic scholar John Meier’s version of the historical Jesus.
–George Scialabba on Adam Smith.
–Fred Clark (a.k.a. the Slacktivist) on John Woolman, 18th-century itinerant Quaker preacher and abolitionist. (I’ve come across references to Woolman in multiple books I’ve read lately.)
–Nine daily rituals to increase mindfulness.
|Links 18 – 6/12/13 |… on A “greatest common denom…|
|Links 18 – 6/12/13 |… on Theistic personalism vs. class…|
|whitefrozen on Theistic personalism vs. class…|
|CK MacLeod on Theistic personalism vs. class…|
|Josh on A “greatest common denom…|
- RT @pourmecoffee: Celebrating Werner Heisenberg's birthday by not really knowing anything for sure. 10 hours ago
- RT @BeschlossDC: Prohibition ended 80 years ago today: #NARA http://t.co/JQNrWImasw 11 hours ago
- So far, the argument of D.B. Hart's "Experience of God" strikes me as similar to that of William Placher's "Domestication of Transcendence." 12 hours ago
- RT @GabrielRossman: Based on how often my undergrads capitalize common nouns, I'm beginning to suspect that we actually lost WW2 12 hours ago
- Very nice. MT @ReligionProf Take On Me (Doctor Who Version): bit.ly/1cYJ1Da 13 hours ago